The Strongest IPs

DUNKIMUS

Hello everyone, Despite all things that have happened recently and even with Axie Infinity’s lifetime, I somehow am very bullish on the long term outlook of Axie infinity.  I just wanted to a post question, maybe food for thought.. Out of all the Blockchain games that exist now,  what are the top 3 that can come close to becoming the biggest IP in the world that is Pokemon in the long term?  

There is certainly still a lot to look forward to from Axie Infinity. I’m (maybe obviously) bullish on the long term; short term they still have to work through some negative perceptions from miss-steps over the last 6months or so. Origin has proven to be a good game, and they are still working on it – once earning potential comes online it very well may change the game again. Land staking, and later in the year gameplay, will be another huge boon to adoption. The builders program also is a huge step in terms of building IP and interest from a diverse group of people.

As for other IPs that may give us a “blockchain pokemon” type experience, I’d argue that Aurory, Illuvium, and maybe Genopets will be some of the top contenders. At least those have the most hype right now, long term teams backing them, and unique gameplay. 

I’m sure many others will appear over the next few years as well, and maybe some major game studios will jump into the mix.

The way I’ve evaluated into what could be a potential ‘contender’ is if it can also appeal to women and children as well. Axie Infinity has that in spades, so I feel they are the closest there. Aurory from the looks of it provides the itch for JRPG fans like myself  and certainly can have the appeal of cute little creatures battling  but has perma death for tournament play is very interesting.  Genopets may pull it off if they can implement multiplayer well like Pokemon Go…  Illuvium looks to be and does provide hardcore gamers the complexity they crave as an auto-battler.  I find it a bit odd, however, that The founders have said that when Illuvials are defeated they ‘faint’/not die, but the weapons and such that used doesn’t feel consistent to cause them to ‘faint’ and are very cool but threatening, which is the opposite of what Pokemon is about.  I feel like this may also be a turn off the said women/children and casuals. Curious to see what’s your or anyone else’s take on this perspective ?